Each year, many sellers make use of a Google AdWords campaign as their biggest medium when it comes to advertising over the internet. Why do they use Google? Because, simply, Google is everywhere. 70% of all internet searches on the globe are carried out via Google. 250,000,000 million searches a day, from every country. And, tens of countless search engine results display ubiquitous AdWords ads, in lots of languages, from English to Chinese and virtually any language in between.
Additionally, Google ads are now displayed on over a million websites, too! This audience, in conjunction with the people who use Google for online search engine, is very vast that, amazingly, AdWords now appear nearly 90% of times that every person on the planet would go to the internet for information or entertainment.
Properly implemented, an AdWords campaign is a straightforward, economical yet powerful approach to market a company’s products or services. At the same time, it sometimes provides better prospective results considering that the campaign involves highly targeted, highly relevant keywords that aim entirely on a specific segment from the market.
With an intelligently run internet marketing campaign and just a modest budget, almost anybody having a decent services or products can compete with the world’s biggest advertisers. Regrettably, the overwhelming variety of Google AdWords marketers engage in AdWords campaigns that fail.
Given the vast market offered by Google, how can this be? The fact is, there are many reasons like:
1. Failing to understand that 90% of all keywords bring about not enough visitors to be commercially viable. That’s right. 90%!
2. Being completely at night as to how to find highly relevant, targeted, high traffic keywords, with few competing pages and weak competitors. Most tend not to realize there are great online research tools or, for instance, the way you use them.
In contrast, a Google AdWords professional uses market and keyword research tools (many free) to discover long tail keywords having these characteristics:
* Daily traffic of 100 or higher (higher the higher)
* Lower than 30,000 competing pages on Google for every keyword
* Low strength of competition for sites on the first page of Google
* Good Commercial Intent
3. Paying excessive for their AdWords ads and being too low in their ad position.
Only a few AdWords advertisers understand AdWords Quality Score, though this is a crucial component of a successful AdWords campaign.
In reality, merely a relative handful of people that advertise on Google have even been aware of AdWords Quality Score!
4. Creating poor ads ad copy or, in fact, not understanding this basic principle: Headlines (titles) often mark the difference from a successful along with a failed campaign since the identical ad run with some other headlines differs tremendously in the returns. Quite literally, just one word, or single letter, can have huge financial consequences.
It is not uncommon to get a little change in headlines to multiply returns by five or ten times over but many webmasters who are content with creating seat-of-the-pants ads.whine when their ad campaigns carry it in the seat-of-their economic pants.
5. Building poorly optimized landing pages or sending all visitors to their homepage.
6. Committing common, easily avoidable, but expensive AdWords advertising mistakes.
7. Taking the simplest way out. Rather than A/B test every single ad, every landing page, they are content to go with what ads and landing pages that attract them instead of for their targeted potential customers. For these folks, unlike Apollo 9, failure is the realistic option.
8. Neglecting to increase the performance of the best keywords ezvpda the amazingly simple but powerful “Peel & Stick” Strategy that can skyrocket CTR and profits.
Significant Adwords profits will likely elude those 90% of Google advertisers who operate on a “Build it and they will come” strategy. But, the failure of many presents a Golden Opportunity to those webmasters who take some time and expend the effort to learn how to advertise with Google.
Successful marketers make use of tools to ferret the best traffic-generating keywords, write highly targeted keyword rich ads and landing pages, avoid common mistakes, and test, test, test.
For these particular entrepreneurs what was true for Apollo 9 holds true to them: failure will not be an option. But, success and profits are!